This document only provides a summary of the key features of the insurance. You will find all the terms and conditions in the policy conditions.

What is this type of insurance?

This insurance provides cover for damage to buildings of a horticultural business as a result of storm, fire, hail and other sudden and unforeseen causes that lead to material damages.

What is insured?

All buildings and fixed furniture and fittings in these buildings at the risk address mentioned on the policy.

Extra information

We pay for all costs to repair the damage. If no repair is possible we pay for reinstatement costs.

Insured sum

The insured sum is based on the reinstatement costs of the buildings and fixed furniture and fittings.

Extra information

In a number of situations we pay for replacement costs. In other situations we pay for marketvalue. This is explained in our conditions.

Extra costs after damage

We pay for additional costs for building repairs, for example to comply with obligatory rules from the authorities.


We will refund missed rental income in situations where you weren’t able to rent the property because of the damage.

Costs of expertise

You have the right to consult your own expert in case of a claim. Your expert will deal with our expert to settle the claim. The costs for this expert are part of the claim, but have a refund limit which is explained in our terms and conditions.

Choice: Additional insurance

The additional payment is an agreed percentage of the claim.

Choice: Costs of removing debris

If you include hail as a peril also the cleaning costs are included. The costs of cleaning and removing debris is included to a limit of 10% of the insured sum for the damaged buildings.

What is not insured?

  • We will not pay for deliberate acts of damage and for growing illegal crops.

Damage caused by ground water

We will not pay for damage caused by groundwater.

Parts that aren’t a part of the building

We will not pay for parts that aren’t a part of the building like screens, antennas and signage.

Are there any restrictions on cover?

Damage as a result of precipitation through open doors and windows is not insured.


A deductible means that you pay the first part of any claim. Different deductibles may apply under different circumstances. The amount of the deductible or deductibles is the amount shown on your certificate of insurance.

Things we agreed upon

You must act according the things we agreed like prevention and security.

Buildings not used

If the building is not used there are limitations on cover. This is explained in our conditions.

Where am I covered?

The insurance is valid for your buildings located on the risk address that is mentioned on your policy.

What are my obligations?

You have to answer our questions honestly when applying for our insurance. You have to inform us about changes. You have to report a damage asap after you recognized it. You have to act as much as possible to prevent a damage from happening and to limit the damage after it occurred.

When and how do I pay?

You can choose to pay the premium per year or per quarter. You transfer the payment yourself.

When does the cover start and end?

Insurance starts on the date mentioned on the policy. You have to pay the premium as agreed upon, otherwise we have the right to cancel the insurance.

How do I cancel the contract?

You can cancel your contract per year. You can let us know in writing at least 3 months before renewal date.